Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Niker411

Niker411

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review Empty
PostSubject: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok so this is my basically my first written review so try to go easy on me, im going to go into 3 different category's, Design, Story, and game-play.

Preview - This game is one of the best games if not the best game of 2009 just simply there are little to no flaws in it what so ever. Im going to elaborate in the next few sections.

Design - HOLY CHIT BATMAN!! This game is perfect when it comes to graphics and just the overall mood and tone of the game. The only thing I can see that's wrong with the graphics are some Texture Popping. The music is amazing classic Bat Man tunes revamped and reworked for the newer systems. I noticed that on the Joker they payed an homage to the late great heath ledger.
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review Joker

The Bat Man himself looked great as well
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review Capagame

Even the Voice acting was amazing Batman was played my Kevin Conroy and the Joker was played by Mark Hamill!!

so overall I give the design a 10/10

Story - The story of this game is the best part, you start out with batman driving the joker to arkham after capturing him while he was trying to hold the town mayor hostage. Once Joker is in the asylum he eventually breaks free and all hell breaks lose. The main thing is the joker is A. trying to kill batman ((duh)) and b. trying to make everyone monsters by using a formula called titan. Im not going to go into it anymore because im not a spoiler type of guy, but I can tell you the story is amazing with some very interesting twists and turns. I give the story a 10/10

Gameplay - The gameplay is basically a brawler mixed with a stealthy type of game. In portions your running around literally beating the crap out of cronies. while later in the game you need to hide because they all have guns. Alot of batman's gadgets come into play and let me tell you, there ALOT of fun. you have everything from batarangs to a security dis-abler. some other notable gadgets are a remote controlled batarang, explosive gel, and your bat hook. while your beating up these bad guys you have a level up system, yes a level up system in a beat em up. every 5000 points you get to level up batman, you can upgrade his armor, batarangs, combat, or his explosive gel. one of the greatest and funnest things you get to do in the gameplay is glide in the air, it is so much fun, and certain portions of the game just let you glide and glide. Withing the games there are a lot of secrets most of them come in the form of riddler trophies, basically around the island there are a bunch of trophies and riddles you need to solve to get the secrets. The secrets come in the form of interview tapes, character trophies and new challenge modes. There is alot of exploration involved where ever you go you find new things and the overall aspect is like a miniaturized GTA game where you get to beat the crap out of people. so overall I give the game play a 8/10

Overview - as stated before this game is and always will be one of the greats, if you do not have it, I truly recommend this game to EVERYONE.

overall I give this game a 9.3/10

So, if you have played this game, what was your fave part? tell me about it in the comments below.

Last edited by Niker411 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hobojedi

Hobojedi

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

You didn't even mention anything about the hidden secrets and exploration..
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Hobojedi wrote:
You didn't even mention anything about the hidden secrets and exploration..

ahh Ive got to edit it now Dx
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:23 am

I want to play this game now
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 am

Thats cool! Its an awesome buy, worth the money
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:22 pm

I've played a demo and loved it, its a good game as far as I can tell
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/kaospyro
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:34 am

I'm debating whether or not I really want to buy another game for a console I dont have. I already have GTA4 and I play it at my friends house. (Sometimes mine when he lets me borrow his PS3) I really shouldn't go out and buy my own PS3 either. Priorities.
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:50 am

Yea, if anything wait until PS3 has lowered, it gives you alot of things in just 1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/kaospyro
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 am

*sigh* Thanks to Niker's reviews, now I want a PS3 AND a Wii....

Maybe I'll save up for one and maybe get the other for Christmas from my brother or something.
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm

lol your welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review   Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) Review
Page 1 of 1