Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

3D world Runner (nes) Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Niker411

Niker411

3D world Runner (nes) Review Empty
PostSubject: 3D world Runner (nes) Review   3D world Runner (nes) Review EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Preview - Not alot of people have heard of this game im sure, wit older games like this ill only be judging them on gameplay and design.

3D world Runner (nes) Review Moz-screenshothttp://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/images/costumes06/3d_large.jpg

Gameplay - Well in this game you play as a little green dude and your objective to make it to the end of the stage, except your running forward the entire time. While running you will find a bevy of power ups, like rockets, potions, and a balloon and takes you to a bonus stage. For every world there are 3 stages and at the end there is a boss battle where you shoot him alot. I give the gameplay a 8/10

Design - The graphics in this game are very good, There is no slow down even though there are alot of enemies on the stage. The music is good but repetitive considering there are only 3 music tracks in the whole game. One really cool thing is that you can actually make this game go in 3D by pressing select. I give the design a 8/10

Overview - This game is a pure classic, and I recommend everyone to try it at least once, Overall I give it a 8/10
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

3D world Runner (nes) Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D world Runner (nes) Review   3D world Runner (nes) Review EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:09 pm

LMAO!!! I used to have this as a kid. It's very fun. Just played it last week on an emulator actually...

The, as you put it "little green dude" is Jack.

From Wiki

"In the game, the player assumes the role of WorldRunner (known in Japan as Jack), a wild "space cowboy" on a mission to save various planets overrun by serpent-like beasts.[1] The game takes place in Solar System #517, which is being overrun by a race of aliens known as Serpentbeasts, who are led by the evil Grax.[2] As WorldRunner, the player must battle through eight planets to destroy Grax. For its time, the game was technically advanced; the game's three dimensional scrolling effect is very similar to the linescroll effects used by Pole Position and many racing games of the day."

They also have a sequal for it that never made it state side, called JJ. It was basically the same concept and same 3D anaglyph option, with glasses. Unfortunately if they're not the right colors, this 3D function doesn't work. I borrowed a pair from a friend, however the the color filters are more of a dark blue and orange. So if you want to try the anaglyph style of play, make sure they are red and cyan! Though, getting the original pair is pretty much impossible. Or you can make your own.

The game actually had 8 tracks to it. You'd be a little surprised as who the composer was...Nobuo Uematsu. The very same who works with SqaureEnix's final fantasy. Which also continue on in the japanese sequal JJ, just remixed and what not...

Also a nifty little tid bit for those who have played "Chocobo Racing", Jack (World Runner, or Little Green Dude) is the final secrete character.

I have to say, i spent countless hours on this as a kid...Still is one of my favorites today...I didn't think anyone else played this to be honest.
Back to top Go down

3D world Runner (nes) Review
Page 1 of 1