Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Niker411

Niker411

Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 am

TGS 2010:Comic-book webslinger and Resident Evil antagonist confirmed for cross-universe fighting title, taking roster to 22. TOKYO, JAPAN--Capcom started off Tokyo Game Show this week by officially revealing two new characters to the ever-increasing Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds roster. From the Capcom side, Mega Man series staple Tron Bonne joined the fracas, while Marvel added Wolverine clone X-23 to the mix. But it seems the game publisher had even more announcements up its sleeve, revealing another two characters at a stage show held at Capcom's TGS booth this afternoon. Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 DSC01460303_embed
Spidey is in Marvel vs Capcom 3. As he should be.
Marvel vs Capcom series regular Spider-Man will make a return, and 'ol webhead will sport his classic red and blue costume. From the gameplay clips Capcom presented during their stage presentation, it seems Spidey will retain many of his moves from previous MvsC games, but also looks to sport some new web zip line manoeuvres that help him quickly get behind opponents. His maximum spider super also gets a visual revamp--Spidey will now zip back and forth from walls, leaving webbing behind him that will encase his opponent, and finishes it up with a powerful foot stomp from above.Resident Evil antagonist and leather aficionado Albert Wesker was also unveiled, and will sport his classic dark coat, dark clothes, and dark sunglasses combo. From the gameplay clip shown, it looks like one of Wesker's key abilities will be a handy teleport that quickly switches his position around on screen. Three supers were also shown--the first was essentially a counter move which allowed him to drop an opponent mid-super (in this case, Captain America), while the second was a series of fast hits that saw Wesker bounce from wall to wall (a la Spider-Man). The third had Wesker striking his opponent multiple times, before jumping over their head, producing a missile out of nowhere, and dropping it on their opponent.Producer Ryota Niitsuma was on hand to introduce the new characters, as well as confirm that the game will ship in spring, 2011--as was promised in yesterday's financial report from the publisher.

Last edited by Niker411 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Wesker? He has like, no play value what so ever in the RE series and is nothing but a plot device (that I hear he gets killed in RE 5) so what the fuck is the point of even having him in there? I don't care if he's one of the main antagonist in the series, you hardly even see him anyways except for a few clips here and there... I admit, it is interesting that they decided to add him to the ever growing roster of MvC fighters, but quite frankly, I just don't see the point in it. I'm guess he's going to be one of those "useless" characters that are in every fighting game. You know, the kind people pick out of curiosity because they know the name or think they look cool and turns out, they completely suck unless you spent infinite amount of hours figuring out their physics (I feel bad for those that do...Lonely existence it must be) like Mr. Game & Watch from Smash Bros. (I'll defeat you with Bacon!). Maybe they're just running out of characters to put into it.

Anyways, good to know. Just wish I had a new console to play it on...Though I could get MvC2 for my Dreamcast...Don't know why I haven't yet...
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 pm

I kinda agree with you. Yes in RE5 he dies. but he shows alot more of what he can do. you see in RE5 that he is super stong and really effing fast
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Eh, I really wouldn't doubt it that they would give him some kind of special ability or ridiculous combat skills (though I'm betting ten to one it was a gene alteration or some kind of injection). In any case usually the "mysterious bosses" are super strong and effing fast anyways, especially when you never, or if ever encounter them throughout the game or series. I guess they would have to make use of him eventually, instead of being Umbrellas front man and instigator from behind the scenes. If I ever get a chance to play either RE5 or MvC3 I'll have to see for myself. Sounds interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Yes very. while we are sort of on the subject, have you played RE4?
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm

I've twiddled with it. However, my best friend has played it so many times, he actually started playing again for me to watch it (since I'm late to gaming these days). I swear to fucking god, he played it so smoothly it was like watching a movie! Shit was nuts. The first time I ever tried playing it, I got my head chopped off by the chainsaw man. I don't know what it was at the time, whether I was stoned as hell or what, when I saw that, I freaked the fuck out. Didn't say a word, or flip out. Just sat there terrified and immediately passed off the controller. I don't know why...

Anywho, I would really like to get a good look at 5, via player or just watching. What little I did see looked pretty sweet and fairly fast paced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3   Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3
Page 1 of 1