Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

Windows, Mac or Linux

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Windows, Mac or Linux Empty
PostSubject: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:29 pm

So I was thinking about going from windows on to a Linux system. Or even partitioning some of my hard drive towards it. I hear nothing but great reviews on it, however running it sometimes isn't user friendly, if you're not familiar with it. Anyways, I was wondering what operating system you like using or would want to use?
Back to top Go down
Niker411

Niker411

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Naw stay with windows
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Why would i want to stay with windows when I can go to another OS that is clearly superior in every right. All you have to do is just learn it.
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 am

I haven't heard much of Linux

I grew up with Mac and now fucking hate it and just stick with Windows also
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/kaospyro
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 am

Yeah, I think a lot of us grew up with macs, I know I did throughout my school career (remember the Apple G3's XD).

Anyways, the thing with Linux is that it's really kind of a minimalist program, focusing more on the text aspect of getting things done, than a GUI (I'm guessing that stands for Graphical User Interface I think..) which takes up a more processing power from your PC. In other words, linux is more text based than window or Macs, which are more image based. Though Linux does have a GUI system, it's rather small and basic (yet stylish). I dunno, I'm not gonna switch over on this comp since it's my mothers, however I am scoring a laptop when my friend comes down, and I was wanting to run an OS that's less taxing on the CPU and gives me the most hard drive space...(believe me, windows takes quite a bit).

Also, upon looking further, people are running this off of (in technological age) ancient computers, who's standard running OS at the time was win98 or below...Which compared to today's computers are shit, and would be lucky enough to have enough space on them to run Vista or 7 (hell they can barely run XP....) and since Hard Drive space was usually pretty scarce by today's standards and ram was rather low (usually 512mb is about tops at the time). It's pretty impressive, especially to give an old computer life again.

The only downside to it, and this is what I've heard from many Linux users and seen through my brothers use of it, is that even though it was a GUI for ease of access, but, to truly understand linux is like learning how to use a computer again...Except going back to BASIC which was how you pretty much used computers back in the day (remember the old Apple II's where you had to type in a command like C: open/blablabla from 5in floppy? lol!).

Anywho, I was gonna try it on a partition. After all it's completely customizable, it's open source (which means you can get it for free and do whatever the fuck you wanted to it if you know what to do) and in general better for your CPU from the looks of things. Any who, I'll let you all know how it goes. It's worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I grew up with Windows and went to Mac because of a friend. I absolutely love Mac now and I have never looked back.
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:33 pm

How did it go man?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/kaospyro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows, Mac or Linux   Windows, Mac or Linux Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows, Mac or Linux
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamer's Final Heaven V.2 :: Off Topic :: Computer and technology talk-
Jump to: