Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

Grave of The Fireflies.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Grave of The Fireflies. Empty
PostSubject: Grave of The Fireflies.   Grave of The Fireflies. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:21 pm

So lets kick off the anime sections here with a great movie from Ghibli (or pre Ghibli) back in 88'.

Grave of The Fireflies has got to be one of the most emotional moving animes I have ever seen. It takes place during WWII when american bombers were fire bombing Japan's major cities and military factories. It's about a teenager who loses his mother, and confides in his aunt to take him and his little sister in, who eventually turns on him and coaxes him into moving out. So it's up to him to take care of his little sister. That's all I'm going to give you.

However, the movie is based on a semi-autobiography, in which the author tells his story, and actually writes it as an apology to his littler sister, whom he felt responsible for...

All in all, the general tone of the movie is really sad. Even now just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, let alone the fact that I cried for an hour after watching it, and spent a few more trying to contain myself.

If you're looking for a good anime movie to watch and want something retro, this is definitely a good watch. If you can, read the book as well, same title...I know I'd like too.
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Grave of The Fireflies.   Grave of The Fireflies. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Sounds interesting. Doubt I'll watch/read it though. Too much sad, IRL to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Grave of The Fireflies.   Grave of The Fireflies. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah me too, but I had to watch it and I'm glad I did because it was a really great movie...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave of The Fireflies.   Grave of The Fireflies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Grave of The Fireflies.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamer's Final Heaven V.2 :: Off Topic :: Anime-
Jump to: