Gamer's Final Heaven V.2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer's Final Heaven V.2

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Gamer's Final Heaven (GFH) V.2, Here you can talk about video games and systems of any kind from old school classics to the new ones, I hope you enjoy your time here

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GFH V.2 is now OPEN, start posting, invite friends and have fun! We'll be getting you fun content and gaming news ASAP
I am currently having trouble with the gallery and having people upload. I will fix it as soon as possible please be patient, thank you-Audioman
There is now a Facebook "Like" button you can click if you want. I'm still trying to get the Facebook Connect to work, please be patient thank you-Audioman

Dungeons & Dragons.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Dungeons & Dragons. Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:39 am

Since the Classic Console section will probably recieve little to no love. I decided to post something in it. Even though it's technically a table top game.

Anyways, Dungeons & Dragons people. What are your thoughts on it? I personally enjoy playing if I have a good group and a good Dungeon Master playing. Actually I've recently been charged with the task of DMing a game or two. I've already played my first act in my very first campaign and been working for the past two weeks on actII...My group kind of makes up their own style of play and vary the rules to our skill level. Though I know some who play it by the book, and jesus crisp that's complicated...

Anyways, have you guys tried D&D? Surely must have heard of it. If you do play, which rules do you follow and how do you play?
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 1:22 pm

I was going to play once or twice but it just didn't happen. I hear its complicated

Whos to say the classic section will get little to no love? You don't know that for sure

Only time will really tell
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/kaospyro
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I was just joking around, but not many people really discuss classics like the Atari or anything else too much these days...

Anyways, yeah D&D gets a little complicated, they even admit so in their rule books. However, that encourage you to play in a way that you can. I mean, they bascially are just guidlines as to how to play the game. My friends an I actually take some rules out, add some of our own in, however we always keep the basics. It's a shame you never got to play. I'm sure if you lived in my vicinity of the woods, you'd get a game under your belt. It can always be very fun and rewarding if you have a good DM. The way you can play is virtually endless. You can either play the adventure books or create your own. My friends like to create their own, and so do i...Though it's a bit of a pain -.-'
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 pm

I think it is kind of funny you say that. I recently busted out my old N64 and have been talking about it a lot recently. I haven't played it much though because my best controller with my memory cartridge (or whatever you call it) is missing so I dont have any of my saved games. ><; XD

I just haven't posted any topics because I have no motivation. XP
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 pm

They had alot of books and stuff, I thought my head was going to pop @,.,@
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Odd: I have my friends 64 but I can't play the damn thing since I have no games for it and his are missing.

Audio: The only books you really need are the three core rule books.

Which in version 3.5 and before is

The Dungeon Masters Guide,
Players Handbook
Monster Manual.

The new version 4 is much the same however, they have like 4 players hand books which is retarded.>.<

However like I said, they're just basic guidelines. Recently I just edited some character sheets from both versions to make it work for the way me and my friends play. The game is completely customizable to make it easy. If I were to play a game with you I'd be able to explain it better. It's one of those games you have to play extensively in order to understand everything. It gets really fun though if you have a good dedicated group. Books are a tad pricey though.
Back to top Go down
Hobojedi

Hobojedi

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 pm

I played D&D Online for awhile, but other than that, I haven't played an actual game of D&D (but I'm still intrigued by it)
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 pm

You should, it's completely different from the video games. I'm trying to incorporate more visual aids in my game, since my friends never really did much of that. Like adding small details to character sheets, like making them look work, with maps and stuff like that. However, a lot of it boils down to, if your making a custom game, how much detail the DM has in their adventures when describing dungeons and areas you're in and how involved the Players are with their characters. Unfortunately mine aren't really much the role play type so it's hard to get them to act and interact with the environment. However, I'm kind of making them do so.
Back to top Go down
Audioman
Admin
Audioman

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:38 am

Sounds fun
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Oh yeah, I came here to post something on the topic at hand and got side tracked.

Anyway, my two cents on Dungeons and Dragons. It was hard for me to get a grasp on, I had a friend as our DM and he was teaching three of us to play online, after about week of playing I was getting the hang of it and our DM dropped of the face of the earth. Never tried to play it again.
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 am

Online? Well, I guess that's one way to play. I remember playing with a a few friends who moved away, so we played on the mIRC program. Though, it didn't last very long and didn't have the same feel. Just something about rolling a D20 and scoring a critical hit by rolling that rare 20 ( at least in our rule) and doing double damage to whatever foe you may be facing XD
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 am

I don't know many nerdy people IRL. Just people who like to ride bikes and quads and roam around the desert and get drunk at desert parties.
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 am

Yeah, me neither anymore, the only reason I play is because I'm fortunate enough to know the same people I grew up with so many years ago. If I were to attempt to play a game without them, I wouldn't have much a game. Considering the fact, I don't make friends easy anymore and the fact I begin to detest people in general as the years go on, save for a few of course. It's just one of those games where not many people play it anymore, yet many have heard of, and without the right social niche, will probably never really experience it.

Though, riding quads out in the desert doesn't sound too bad either.
Back to top Go down
odd__one

odd__one

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

XD I have personally never been out with any of them. When I left town for a week, I was supposed to go out with my brother but it was raining too much for us to go out.
Back to top Go down
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:31 am

That sucks, though, I probably would of gone out anyways...It looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons.   Dungeons & Dragons. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons & Dragons.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamer's Final Heaven V.2 :: Gaming :: Old School Consoles-
Jump to: